We have a rich program of activities throughout the year, including meetings, overnights, hikes, service projects and more!
- Pack Meetings: Once a month the whole Pack gathers for a Pack Meeting. At Pack meetings we gather with activities around a monthly theme from the Scout Law, opening with a flag ceremony and announcements. We have a few learning games, receive recognition in the form of badges for activities completed, and close with a snack. Pack Meetings are typically the first Thursday of the month (check our calendar) during the school year at Harding Elementary School, 7320 Fairmount Ave, El Cerrito. We meet from 7-8:00pm in the Multipurpose room (the free-standing building along Ashbury Ave). Feel free to visit if you are interested in joining.
- Special Ceremonies: Several of our Pack meetings are special gatherings and are typically held at Camp Herms off the Arlington in El Cerrito:
- In February for the birthday of Scouting we hold our Blue & Gold potluck family dinner and cake auction at historic Camp Herms in El Cerrito, replete with skits and camaraderie.
- On a Friday evening in March we typically have our Pinewood Derby race. The scouts (and parents!) have fun building and painting small wooden gravity powered cars which they race on the Pack’s sophisticated computer-controlled precision aluminum multilane track.
- And in June we hold a Graduation ceremony where each boy is recognized and moves upward into the next year of Scouting.
- Den Meetings: Between Pack meetings, each grade of youth meets as a Den with their leader to learn skills, work on advancement and have fun! Each of our Dens sets its own schedule but most hold 1-2 mtgs a month. Special Den outings might include visits to the local Fire and Police stations, trips to parks and historic sites, community service projects and more..
- Outdoor Activities: We typically have at least one outdoor activity a month. These include:
- a fall and spring overnight family campout (we have camped in recent years at Tilden Park, Camp Herms, Chabot, China Camp, Clear Lake, Pinnacles, Salt Point,…),
- several regional hikes throughout the year (Briones, Redwood, Tennessee Valley, Mt Diablo, the Presidio, …),
- Scout days at local sporting events (A’s, Warriors, Globetrotters, Cal games,…),
- and in winter snow trip and/or an overnight at a museum/cultural venue (Balclutha, Cal Academy, USS Hornet, Oakland Zoo, Chabot Space and Science Center, USS Pampanito, etc.)
- Community Service: In addition we try to schedule service projects on a regular basis. These have included, for example, cleaning beaches in September as part of the Coastal Cleanup, helping with a food drive for the needy in November, caroling for seniors and helping with El Cerrito’s Christmas display in December, helping with habitat restoration at the Oakland Zoo creek, volunteering at Earth Day in April, …)
Summertime Activities: Pack 104 keeps going strong even in summer. We have a fun day for new and prospective members in June, Day Camp at Camp Herms, participation in 4th of July activities, several hikes, fishing on the bay and a day at the El Cerrito Swim Center.