While the scouts of Pack 104 take a break from official pack meetings during the summer, we will continue to offer a variety of hikes, outings, and other outdoor activities this summer. The regular schedule will resume in the fall.
Check out a summary of our summary programming below:
- Sunday, June 6: Trail Trekkers project Baxter Creek clean up
- 10:00 am–1:00 pm. Meet at Baxter Creek Park (Key Boulevard at Conlon Avenue) to help the Green Team of El Cerrito and the El Cerrito Trail Trekkers remove trash from Baxter Creek. Bring your own gloves, along with water, sun protection, and snacks.
- Sunday, June 13: Angel Island Trail Trekkers Hike
- 9:30 am–3:30 pm. We’ll hike along the Perimeter Loop, a kid-friendly trail that is about 5.9 miles long. Bring a picnic lunch and wear comfortable shoes. Meet at 9:30 am at the Tiburon–Angel Island Ferry Terminal. The ferry departs Tiburon at 10:00 am, so be sure to arrive no later than 9:45 am. Note: families will need to purchase ferry tickets online from Tiburon to Angel Island in advance of the hike.
- Saturday, July 10: Tennessee Valley Hike
- 10:00 am–1:00 pm. We’ll hike from the trailhead to the beach and back, with a 30–45 minute stay at the beach. The round trip will be 3.4 miles of mostly flat terrain. Wear comfortable shoes and bring water, snacks, lunch, sun protection, a change of clothes for the kids, and a towel for the beach. We’ll be going over beach safety with the Twelve Seaside Tips for Safety guide. Meet in the Tennessee Valley parking lot (701 Tennessee Valley Rd, Mill Valley).
- Sunday, July 25: Pack 104 Swim Day (Swim Badge advancement/testing @ Arwen’s house)
- 10:00 am–3:00 pm. We’ll gather in small groups at a private pool to talk about water safety, work on aquatics-related requirements, and have fun swimming. Scouts will also have an opportunity to take the BSA Swim Test.
- Saturday, August 7: Crab Fishing on Sausalito Pier
- 10:00 am–1:00 pm. Meet at the Sausalito Fishing Pier in Sausalito. No need for a fishing license or gear. Bring a lunch and wear layers. If you want to take some crabs home, bring a bucket!
- Sunday, August 15: Camp Herms Service Project
- 9:00 am–12:00 pm. Every year Pack 104 does a service project to improve Camp Herms. Please bring work gloves, sun protection, and water. A breakfast snack and tools will be provided.
- Saturday, August 28: Nerf Games VI—Knot Another One!
- 10:00 am–12:00 pm. Location to be determined. Please bring an N-Strike Elite (or compatible) Nerf toy, but no darts please! We will have some available. Kids will have the opportunity to learn knots and test their Nerf skills.
Pack 104 families, please visit Scoutbook for more information on each of these events. Stay tuned for more info on the fall camp out mid-September!!
Contact Pack104info@gmail.com for complete details or to let us know if you plan to attend!